The Team Lead for Database Administration team (DBA) has experience with team management and coordination. The person taking this position will be focused on the improvement of the team operational/projects work by optimizing and increasing the automation of the different processes. The role requires good IT knowledge especially in Infrastructure, databases and automation. Lead should have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and will be responsible for overseeing the operation of our 24×7 mission critical database servers. You will be part of a large multi-national organization working with an array of database platforms and applications. It is a challenging role within a rapidly expanding company, with a great work ethos, who value and develop their employees.
Database Administrator Team Lead (DBA)
- Manage task priorities for the DBA’s and make sure they are completed on time following an optimized and automated process where possible.
- Drive database processes automation reducing the manual work required to perform the operational tasks.
- Responsible of driving the necessary actions to ensure the optimum databases performance.
- Define and lead the team to best practices.
- Own each specific database discipline roadmap.
- Responsible of the regular health checks, including continue improvements, results analysis, report to responsible teams and follow up on resolution.
- Drive database incidents root cause investigations and improvements.
- Stays abreast of key industry best practices related to database administration and ensure they appropriately assimilate into the improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring standard deployment, maintenance, monitoring and inventory processes are assign, to all database platforms.
- Researches and plans for any database upgrades which may enable greater performance, feature enhancements, stability or address security concerns.
- Ensure change management process is followed for all changes.
- Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders.
- Selects, develops, and retains a high performing global team, while championing a culture of employee engagement within the team and across regions.
- Drive the different database technologies specialists as one big team independent on the type of resource (internal vs services).
- Ensure all team members gather the proper skills to support the different database technologies in an automated way by identifying the training needs required and ensuring the proper training plans take place.
- Responsible to follow up the database on call support service provided by 3rd
- 5+ years DBA experience managing databases in a 24×7 operational environment
- 3+ years in a Lead position in a 24×7 operational environment
- Experience in database technologies like NoSQL (Cassandra, Elastic search), MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server.
- In depth knowledge of database design and normalization
- In depth knowledge of HA-DR solutions and strategies
- Experience with automation platforms for both Linux and Windows based OS.
- Experience with optimization and performance tuning
- Experience working to standard procedures and change control
- Experience in standardization and systems automation for databases
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to manage more than one database discipline
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Demonstrate ability to manage resources from different sources
- Bachelor Degree or higher in related area would be an asset
- DB administration certification would be an asset
Job Category: IT Operations / Infraestructure
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote