The Senior Network Engineer is a global position responsible for the implementation of Core network, DC, SDWAN and firewall solutions across the enterprise ensuring that existing technical solutions are working fine to maintain stability, network performance and availability within both the office and data center locations. This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical staff.
Senior Network Administrator
- Technically support development based projects, offering assistance and recommendations where required.
- Participate in the design of scalable and secure SDWAN, ACI and Security solutions.
- Network and firewall production changes and peer review changes.
- Troubleshooting any network and firewall related issues that may arise, work with vendors where required.
- Implementation of new networks and upgrades.
- Play a key role in the implementation of the new NetDevOps model.
- Maintain and manage border security systems, such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls and other SASE products.
- Maintain a detailed network documentation.
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of tools and processes to proactively monitor network and firewall availability, performance, and security.
- Stay on top of network and firewall technology advancements to provide recommendations for the ongoing improvements to our networks.
- 5-7 years network engineering related experience.
- Cisco CCNP or CCEI EI knowledge, but having the certification is a plus.
- At least 2 years of firewall related experience based on Palo Alto products.
- Certification in Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer (PCNSE) is a plus.
- Operating knowledge of common LAN and WAN technologies.
- Cisco SD-WAN knowledge.
- Operating knowledge of IP and associated layer-4 protocols.
- Operating knowledge of Cisco IOS, NX-OS command line interfaces, such as Cisco ACI configurations.
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching platforms.
- Experience with Cisco ISR and ASR routers, common routing protocols (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP).
- Proficiency in network configuration and security rules.
- Experience as a network administrator in a multi-location Cisco-oriented LAN and WAN.
- Experience with load balancing technology, specifically F5 BigIP LTM.
- Operational familiarity with common network management tools.
- Experience with network routing, VPN, MPLS and VRF.
- Experience with Cisco ISE and solutions such as 802.1X as well as WLC an asset.
- Experience with wan optimization and NetFlow analysis tools preferred.
- Linux systems administration experience a significant asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible, Nornir, Terraform is nice to have.
- Experience with GIT.
- Able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
Job Category: IT Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote