The Senior Network Engineer is a global position responsible for the implementation of Core network (routing and switching), SDWAN, load balancing and firewall solutions across the enterprise ensuring that existing technical solutions are working fine to maintain stability, network performance and availability within both the offices and data center locations. This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical staff.
Senior Network Engineer
- Technically support development based projects, offering assistance and recommendations where required.
- Help in the design of scalable and secure SDWAN, ACI and Security
- Implement and peer review Network gear changes.
- Troubleshooting any network and firewall related issues that may arise, work with vendors where required.
- Implementation and upgrade of the different network assets.
- Play a key role in the implementation of the new NetDevOps
- Maintain and manage border security systems, such as intrusion detection systems, VPN, firewalls and other SASE
- Maintain a detailed network documentation.
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of tools and processes to proactively monitor network and firewall availability, performance, and security.
- Stay on top of network and firewall technology advancements to provide recommendations for the ongoing improvements to our networks.
- 5-7 years network engineering related experience.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE knowledge, but having the certification is a plus.
- At least 3 years of next generation firewall related experience (Palo Alto preferred).
- Certification in Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) is a plus
- Operating knowledge of common LAN and WAN technologies.
- Cisco SD-WAN knowledge.
- Operating knowledge of IP and associated layer-4 protocols.
- Operating knowledge of Cisco IOS, NX-OS and ACI configuration modes.
- Operating knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching platforms.
- Operating knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN Controller and wireless technologies.
- Experience with Cisco ISR/ASR routers and common routing protocols. (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP)
- Proficiency in network configuration and security rules.
- Experience as a network administrator in a multi-location Cisco-oriented LAN and WAN.
- Experience with load balancing technology, specifically F5 BigIP LTM.
- Experience with Cisco management tools like ISE, APIC or Prime.
- Experience with network routing, VPN, and VRF.
- Experience with wan optimization and NetFlow analysis tools preferred.
- Linux systems and Linux network stack knowledge is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a diverse team environment.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible or Terraform is nice to have.
- Experience with GIT or similar repository tools.
- Able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
Job Category: IT Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malaga