Site Reliability Engineer
- Work with the Architecture Team and the Development Teams to translate company needs into infrastructure solutions that will suit those needs and requirements in terms of performance, resource usage, scalability, resilience and observability. The proposed solutions may include on premises virtualised/bare-metal, cloud or hybrid architectures and must ensure the use of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code and GitOps approaches.
- Invest time in developing and maintaining pipelines, scripts and playbooks to continuously reduce the human tasks required to operate the production services (toil).
- Collaborate with the Architecture Team and the Development Teams in projects for moving production services to cloud environments.
- Provisioning, operational tasks (performance, scaling, organization, routine patching, security…) and decommissioning of Linux servers.
- Provisioning, operational tasks (performance, scaling, organization, routine patching, security) and decommissioning of OpenStack clusters and running VMs.
- Provisioning, operational tasks (performance, scaling, organization, routine patching, security…) and decommissioning of Kubernetes clusters and deployed resources.
- Provide comprehensive handover, top tier technical assistance and documentation to the operating and monitoring teams.
- Management of infrastructure services such as email/SMTP, web, DNS, SNMP, DHCP, and others
- Use Agile practices and DevOps principles to ensure continuous value delivery and alignment with business and team objectives.
- Participate in shared on-call rotation
- Experience in automating configuration management tasks using Ansible playbooks.
- Wide experience with Unix/Linux systems (Canonical Ubuntu and Redhat/CentOS Linux) in a large-scale operations, distributed Linux production set-up.
- Experience in centralized management systems (Puppet,Canonical Landscape).
- Experience in writing scripts for automating infrastructure tasks (Python, shell script…).
- Experience working with OpenStack platform (COA certification is a plus).
- Experience with centralized logging management tools (Splunk, ELK, Fluentd).
- Experience in using Terraform to apply Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience in Docker usage and writing custom Dockerfiles.
- Experience in Kubernetes administration. Experience in Kubernetes deployment is a plus. CKA certification is a plus.
- Experience in writing automation pipelines (Argo Workflow GitHub Actions…) is a plus.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, ArgoCD, …) and practices (deployment strategies, micro-service pattern, …)
- Clued-up on enterprise level virtualisation (VMware, KVM)
- Advanced knowledge of internet services and networking (DNS, email – postfix, HAProxy, …)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot systems and network problems.
- Nice to have experience and knowledge Windows systems administration and investigation, especially of event log and services.
- Experience working under Agile frameworks and DevOps principles. Experience working with SAFE or LESS is a plus.
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Job Category: Infraestructure
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote