We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer experienced in Windows Administration to join our expanding IT Operations team. This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical staff.
Site Reliability Engineer – Windows
- Work with the Architecture Team and the Development Teams to translate company needs into infrastructure solutions that will suit those needs and requirements in terms of performance, resource usage, scalability, resilience and observability. The proposed solutions may include on premises virtualised/bare-metal, cloud or hybrid architectures and must ensure the use of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code and GitOps approaches.
- Invest time in developing and maintaining pipelines, scripts and playbooks to continuously reduce the human tasks required to operate the production services (toil).
- Collaborate with the Architecture Team and the Development Teams in projects for moving production services to cloud environments.
- Responsible in all day to day needs of Lunik Windows operations: Active Directory administration (including DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, Sites & Services), Servers build, Servers decommission, patching, monitoring, etc.
- Fine tune VMs configurations to get the best performance/resource consumption.
- Participate in capacity planning and management of the infrastructure.
- Controlling the Windows patching lifecycle, based in Microsoft System Center (SCCM).
- Improve the automation of all Lunik operational tasks using config management systems like DSC.
- Proactively create Powershell scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining the Windows Servers build strategy in OpenStack clusters, related to Development/Test/Staging and corporate environments.
- Provide comprehensive handover, top tier technical assistance and documentation to the operating and monitoring teams.
- Use Agile practices and DevOps principles to ensure continuous value delivery and alignment with business and team objectives.
- Participate in shared on-call rotation
- Skilled in Windows Administration (Windows Server 2012 and 2016), Active Directory, Windows Clusters, TCP/IP and associated services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Experience in automating configuration management tasks using Ansible playbooks.
- Experience in centralized management systems (DSC, SCCM).
- Experience in writing scripts for automating infrastructure tasks (Power Shell, python…).
- Clued-up on enterprise level virtualization (VMware/OpenStack).
- Experience in using Terraform to apply Infrastructure as Code.
- Clued-up on Linux Operating Systems (RedHat/CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot systems and network problems..
- Experience working under Agile frameworks and DevOps principles. Experience working with SAFE or LESS is a plus.
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English.
Job Category: Infrastructure
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malaga