The Team Lead for Automation Development Services team (ADS) has experience with team management and coordination. The person taking this position will form part of our IT Operations team. The role requires good IT knowledge especially in software development and infrastructures. Lead should have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and will be responsible for overseeing the delivery and handover of the software products built by the team. You will be part of a large multi-national organization working with an array of sites, platforms and applications. It is a challenging role within a rapidly expanding company, with a great work ethos, who value and develop their employees.
Team Lead Automation Development Services
- Manage task priorities for the ADS team members and make sure they are completed on time.
- Own the team backlog and roadmap.
- Researches and plans for any software development solution which may enable greater performance, feature enhancements, stability, automation and Toil reduction for any of the tasks performed by the teams in the organization.
- Drive automation software incidents root cause investigations and improvements.
- Stays abreast of key industry best practices related to automation, infrastructure as code, CI/CD and software development and ensure they appropriately assimilate into the improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring standard development and handover of all the products built by the team.
- Ensure change management process is followed for all changes.
- Define and lead the team to best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders.
- Selects, develops, and retains a high performing global team, while championing a culture of employee engagement within the team and across regions.
- Responsible of the regular health checks of the delivered solutions, including continue improvements, results analysis, report to responsible teams and follow up on resolution.
- Responsible to follow up the development services that might be provided by 3rd parties
- Define and support the team members training path.
- Sponsor and support other IT Operations teams in their automation initiatives/learning path towards Toil reduction.
Technical knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of experience managing and coordinating software development teams, developing applications intended to run in a 24×7 operational environment with change management process in place.
- 10+ years of experience working in software development projects on Linux systems.
- In depth knowledge of software management languages, patterns and best practices.
- Demonstrable IT knowledge in Infrastructure and experience coordinating with Infrastructure teams in the organization.
- Experience in Cloud Native Development projects (involving Kubernetes and Microservices) is a great plus.
- Experience in CI/CD and deployment strategies is a great plus.
- Experience working to standard procedures and change control
- Experience in standardization and systems automation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to manage more than one programming language discipline.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor Degree or higher in related area would be an asset
- A certification on a programming language would be an asset
Job Category: Automation
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote