As a System Engineer and Automation, you will be responsible for Tier 2 level support for a Global IT infrastructure platforms and applications. You will work with a wide variety of the latest and best in class technologies, collaborate with some of the best in the industry. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
System Engineer and Automation
• Provide troubleshooting on wide range of incidents, ranging from web services, platforms, infrastructure, network, security, telecomm and applications.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to Incidents Coordinators team.
• Work closely with or escalate to specialized teams including Network Administrators, Security, DevOps, etc.
• Create and maintain SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures).
• Identify potential systems problems and escalate to internal or external teams for resolution.
• Continuously develop and improve on technical aptitude, service knowledge.
• Automate standards operations procedures when possible.
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills in several of the following: Linux/Unix, MS Windows Server 2012/2016, shell bash scripting.
• Strong understanding of networking including TCP/IP, routing, LAN, and WAN.
• Knowledge in monitoring systems, Icinga, Nagios or similar.
• Highly motivated with a keen sense of ownership, autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
• Is an agile learner.
• Computer Science degree, technical certificate or similar training/certification.
• 3+ years similar experience.
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work on a rotational shift basis, on weekends, and outside of typical business hours.
• Knowledge in Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible.
• Knowledge with logs tools, Grafana, Splunk, or similar.
• Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integrations.
• Experience with applications based on Java, JEE, MSSQL, MySQL
• ITIL® Foundation certification.
Job Category: Automation
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote